UNICAS Sandpits are informal events where delegates can; showcase their own research expertise, hear about the research projects of others, discuss specific research challenges and find solutions to those challenges through face-to-face networking and establishing new collaborations.
UNICAS Sandpits are relevant for all levels of research & academic staff from new lecturers to senior academics. Each delegate will be given the opportunity to present one-slide-in-one-minute to either highlight their expertise, research interest and potential areas for collaboration and/or a research problem where additional expertise is required.
The themes and dates for the 2018/2019 sandpit events are:
- Sustainable societies: Wednesday 14 November 2018: A29+ Vet School, Sutton Bonington
- Health & wellbeing: Wednesday 12 December 2018: C01 Engineering and Science Learning Centre, University Park
- Transformative technologies: 6 February 2019: D02 Teaching and Learning Building, University Park
- UNICAS @ Graduate School sandpit: Wednesday 21 November 2018, Engineering and Science Graduate Centre seminar room (room C09 accessed via C08), University Park
- UNICAS @ Graduate School sandpit: Wednesday 30 January 2019, Barn BO7 and B07a Sutton Bonington
Following these events, delegates will be able to apply for funding for an interdisciplinary research project which results from the sandpit:
- UNICAS sandpit — for all academic, research, & technical staff. Maximum funding available is £15,000 per project.
- UNICAS @ Graduate School sandpit — for 2nd year and above PhD students, and Early Career Researchers*. Maximum funding available is £5,000 per project. *Please note: those not eligible for this sandpit are: Professors, Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and technical staff.
While nominally themed it does not matter which sandpit you attend and present at.
Book your place at https://unicas2018.eventbrite.co.uk (Sandpit events) and the Central Short Courses site (Graduate School Sandpit events).