December 3rd, 2018
From Professor Andy Long, Provost & Deputy Vice-Chancellor
As we move to complete the final implementation of Campus Solutions across December as promised, I am writing to ask for your help and support in ensuring a smooth transition as possible so that this new system is operational from the new calendar year.
Over the next few weeks we will be moving data from Saturn to Campus Solutions, as well as preparing linked IT systems, to allow us to start using the new system from the beginning of 2019. This means a number of changes will happen which could temporarily affect your day-to-day work.
Please read and act on the information provided below. If you have any questions, click through to the information provided or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Saturn 3 is used to enter and maintain student records. From 5pm on Friday 30 November, Saturn Web remains available to view student records, however, any essential changes to student records will need to be made by request to colleagues in Student Services.
– Moodle and Rogo will be unavailable on Monday 17 December (UK: 08:00 – 10:00 and China/Malaysia: 16:00 – 18:00). Temporary versions of Moodle and Rogo will be available to students to support their revision in the UK from Monday 17 December to Thursday 20 December, and in China and Malaysia from Monday 17 December to Friday 21 December.
– Linked systems that obtain data from Saturn will be updated over the coming weeks to draw data from Campus Solutions instead. A full schedule of these works and expected unavailability is listed at Campus News. Please check the schedule regularly for the latest information and plan accordingly.
– Student ID numbers will be adjusted from their seven-digit format to an eight-digit format for storage in Campus Solutions by adding the prefix ‘1’ to existing student ID numbers from January 2019. Exceptions are students on Nursing and Midwifery programmes (managed in the ARC system) or intercampus mobility students, where further information will be provided soon.
– Module Codes will be adjusted according to the list of UK module codes on the Module Codes Workspace site which maps current Saturn codes to their equivalents for Campus Solutions. Search the list using either the existing code, new code or the title of a module.
– Aleph Library PINs will be reset on or after Tuesday 18 December to the last four digits of students’ Library Card Number, as shown on their student ID card. Students will be encouraged to change their PIN numbers after this time. Further information is provided on the Libraries website.
– Campus Solutions terminology will be different to what we may have used in the past. There is no expectation that Campus Solutions terms will be adopted in the day-to-day language of the University, however please view the terminology guide on Workspace to become familiar with the new terms used in the system.
All information is available on the Campus Solutions pages on Workspace. These pages contain a variety of useful information to help you get started with Campus Solutions, and will be kept up-to-date.
We will share further implementation plans for Campus Solutions with you very soon, including details on how we will be rolling out the new system into the University and when colleagues can expect to be able to access the system.
I fully appreciate that the implementation of Campus Solutions has been a long and difficult one. Project sponsor Professor Sarah O’Hara reflects on that in her latest blog. I want to thank you for your continued support, commitment and patience as we move to a single and more integrated student records system for the University.
If you have any questions regarding the new student records system please email email@example.com.
Professor Andy Long
Provost & Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Following the sad news of the passing of Professor Dick Geary on Sunday 21 February, Professor […]
The University is delighted to launch its first ever CPD course on Managing Hyperacusis in Adults […]