March 30th, 2020
The deadline for nominations for this year’s Vice-Chancellor’s Medal has been extended.
The new deadline for nominations is now 5pm on Friday 8 May 2020.
Any current member of staff or current student at any of the University’s campuses in China, Malaysia or the UK may be nominated for a Vice-Chancellor’s Medal within the broad criteria for the award set out below.
• Exceptional achievement in a particular arena;
• Outstanding contribution to advancing equality, diversity and inclusion in University life;
• Notable endeavour which has made a difference to the University;
• A substantive contribution which has enhanced the reputation of the University of Nottingham;
• Activity which has had a noticeably positive impact for students, staff or the local community;
• An individual achievement or sustained achievement over a period of time.
Examples of exceptional achievement by staff include sporting success, leadership of a community project, exceptional service as a school governor, innovation in service delivery, notable curricular innovation or significant research impact of some kind.
Student exceptional achievement could include contributions to Hall or JCR, sporting club, student society, other Students’ Union activities or representation, volunteering in the community, as a student ambassador, student caller, fundraising, or some other activity within a School.
Find more information about the nomination and selection process at the Vice-Chancellor’s Medal webpages.
Would you like to showcase your area of expertise or interest in EDI? We are now […]
In autumn 2021 we implemented the Student Engagement Dashboard across the institution. The next phase of […]