May 10th, 2022
Nominations are now open for the annual Times Higher Education Awards.
These annual ‘Oscars of Higher Education’ celebrate excellence in research, teaching, student support and international practice across the sector. Colleagues are encouraged to consider nominations that would profile the excellence found across our university.
To co-ordinate the highest standard of entries in an intense competition, colleagues are invited to submit a 300-word precis of their nomination to email@example.com by Friday 27 May 2022.
Nominations will be reviewed by a senior panel led by Registrar Paul Greatrix. Approved nominations will then receive full drafting support to enter the competition by the deadline of Wednesday 8 June 2022.
Last year, university researchers won two major awards at the Times Higher Education Awards 2021. Professor Heike Bartel’s project, Hungry for Words, which uses the creative arts to raise awareness of eating disorders in men and boys, won Research Project of the Year (Arts). The award for Outstanding Contribution to the Local Community went to a joint project with Nottingham Trent University led by Professor Louise Mullany and Dr Loretta Tickett on gender hate crime and tackling harassment, violence and abuse of women and girls in public spaces.
Further accolades went to the university’s School of Veterinary Medicine and Science – runner up in the Outreach Initiative of the Year for its virtual work experience project, an open-to-all online course that has boosted applications from students from low socio-economic backgrounds. Runner up in the Outstanding Research Supervisor category was Dr Ravinder Anand-Ivell, Director of Postgraduate and Postdoctoral Research in the School of Biosciences.
Full details of the awards categories and criteria are posted at Times Higher Education Awards – please note entries are only usually considered where the majority of activity is delivered in the 2020/21 academic year. The awards ceremony will take place in London on 17 November 2022.
The award categories are as follows:
• Business School of the Year
• Widening Participation or Outreach Initiative of the Year
• Knowledge Exchange/Transfer Initiative of the Year
• Research Project of the Year: Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
• Research Project of the Year: STEM
• Outstanding Research Supervisor of the Year*
• Outstanding Contribution to the Local Community
• Outstanding Support for Students
• Outstanding Entrepreneurial University
• Outstanding Library Team
• Outstanding Estates Team
• Outstanding Contribution to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
• Outstanding Technician of the Year
* Outstanding Marketing/Communications Team
• Most Innovative Teacher of the Year
• International Collaboration of the Year
• Technological or Digital Innovation of the Year
• THE Outstanding Achievement Award
• THE DataPoints Merit Award
• University of the Year
*The University nomination for Research Supervisor of the Year has already been identified through the Research Academy’s as part of its annual researcher awards scheme.
Did you know that the university makes honey? The university has around 70 bee colonies in […]
As part of the university’s ongoing commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, we are inviting applications […]