April 11th, 2019
Nominations are now open for the annual Times Higher Education Awards.
These annual ‘Oscars of Higher Education’ celebrate excellence in research, teaching, student support and international practice across the sector. Colleagues are encouraged to consider nominations that would profile the excellence found across our University.
To co-ordinate the highest standard of entries in an intense competition, colleagues are invited to submit a 300 word precis of their nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 3 May 2019.
Nominations will be reviewed by a senior panel led by Registrar Paul Greatrix. Approved nominations will then receive full drafting support to enter the competition by the deadline of 5 June 2019.
Staff and students at the University of Nottingham have free access to the Times Higher Education online through an institutional subscription. If you currently have an individual subscription, let it expire and click THE Institutional Subscription to set up your free account.
Full details of the awards categories and criteria are posted at Times Higher Education Awards – please note entries are only usually considered where the majority of activity is delivered in the 2017/18 academic year.
The awards ceremony will take place in London on 28 November 2019.
The award categories are as follows:
• THE Lifetime Achievement Award
• Business School of the Year
• Widening Participation or Outreach Initiative of the Year
• Knowledge Exchange/Transfer Initiative of the Year
• Outstanding Strategic Planning Team
• Research Project of the Year: Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
• Research Project of the Year: STEM
• Outstanding Research Supervisor of the Year
• Technological or Digital Innovation of the Year
• Outstanding Contribution to the Local Community
• Outstanding Support for Students
• Outstanding Entrepreneurial University
• Outstanding Library Team
• Outstanding Estates Strategy
• Outstanding Marketing/Communications Team
• Most Innovative Teacher of the Year
• Outstanding Financial Performance
• International Collaboration of the Year
• Outstanding Contribution to Leadership Development
• Excellence in Registry Services
• Outstanding Technician of the Year
• University of the Year
• THE DataPoints Merit Award
If your research is funded by a Charity Open Access Fund member (COAF) or the UKRI […]
The pattern of bank holidays and University closure days has changed for the academic year September […]