Staff festive parties allowance 2021

November 16th, 2021

The university staff party allowance is available again this year to help staff meet the costs of celebrating the 2021 festive season with their colleagues.

The £10 per person staff party allowance can be used to subsidise seasonal team celebrations either on or off campus. Your celebrations could be on campus with EMCC or off-campus in the city’s amazing array of cafes, bars and restaurants.

Please note that the allowance should only be used for recognised staff team parties or dinners and cannot cover multiple events or informal, individual celebrations.

On Campus

The team at the De Vere East Midlands Conference Centre and Orchard Hotel, have developed some exciting festive options so that staff can enjoy the season with colleagues.

Click here for further information, including booking details, or contact De Vere East Midlands Conference Centre via email or on tel: 0115 876 0900 (option 2).

How to claim the allowance

If you are keeping your festive celebration on campus, please book via the De Vere East Midlands Conference Centre and Orchard Hotel, stating a University budget project code from which to pay the allowance.

If you wish to celebrate off-campus, please contact your local Purchasing Support team, who will be able to provide further information and may be able to arrange direct payment to the venue as a deposit to secure the booking.

If you have already booked your celebration and wish to claim the allowance, you can make a personal expenses claim through Concur under Entertainment (Employee Annual Function), providing a receipt.

Please note all costs will be classed as staff costs and will come from operational budgets.

Wherever and however you celebrate, please remember to socialise safely, following Government guidelines and being respectful of others’ choices. You can view our current campus safety guidelines here.

Tags: , , , , ,


November 25th, 2021 at 2:06 pm

Charlotte Slade

I’ve emailed my head of department to ask if funds are available for a Christmas party for our Disability Support Workers. If she says yes please may I apply the funds towards Bendigo’s Lounge, it’s a cafe/bar in Beeston.
Many thanks,

Charlotte Slade

Support Worker Co-ordinator

working from home 08:30 – 14:30 Mon/Thurs/Fri

and at Cherry Tree Lodge Tues/Wed

Disability Support Services

University of Nottingham

Cherry Tree Lodge (no. 13 on the map)

University Park

Nottingham, NG7 2RD

November 26th, 2021 at 4:14 pm

Cyrus M

Hi Charlotte, off-site venues are fine, yes. If it’s approved that the Disability Support Workers are eligible then you can either pay yourself and then claim the funds back or speak to your local finance contact to see if they can support by paying the venue directly. Thanks.

November 29th, 2021 at 12:51 pm

Andrea Greener

Hello. Does this allowance apply to casual staff? Thank you. Andrea

December 14th, 2021 at 10:41 am


Hi Andrea,
Unfortunately this does not apply to casual employees.

November 30th, 2021 at 1:33 pm

PGR supervisors at UON

We are getting mixed information on this – but are our PGR students included?

December 14th, 2021 at 10:46 am


Unfortunately this only applies to employees of the University of Nottingham with full terms & conditions of employment.

November 30th, 2021 at 2:19 pm

Vicki Morris

Good afternoon, can one staff member pay and claim on behalf of a number of staff if they are dining off campus, using the one receipt?

December 2nd, 2021 at 3:23 pm


Hi Vicki,
Yes, one person can claim providing they produce a receipt as proof.
Further information on the limits can be found in the Travel and Expenses policy at

Leave a Reply


Disability History Month 2023: call for funding open

As part of the university’s ongoing commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion, we are inviting applications […]

University & Alumni Challenge

In aid of Nottingham Ambition Giving Day, join us on Thursday 2 November 2023 from 5.30pm […]