The UEB-approved schedule for the phased implementation of the University’s new student administration system, Campus Solutions, is now available.
Following the decision to phase, colleagues in IS, Student Services, External Relations, Finance, SPP, LRLR and Project Transform have developed the schedule, below which allows us to implement our new student administration system while offering colleagues across all locations the support they need to transition to this new way of working. It also allows the UK team to focus on delivering an excellent experience to our new and returning students this September.
- Harmonisation of processes and student experience through launch of Student Service Centres in the UK
- Admissions team use Campus Solutions for the confirmation and clearing process
- Students use Service Centres for start-of-term administration processes for the first time
- Launch of interim MyNottingham style student interface to support online registration and provide information (not transactions), this will include Blue Castle (results/modules/Evaluate)
- Dedicated welfare support available in every UK Faculty
- Individual timetables available for all students based at the UK campus
- Student case management
- Dedicated enquiries hotline and team for current students
December 2016 – January 2017
- Full Go Live 3 (GL3) launched for University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus (UNMC), with interim Programme Enrolment system
- Admissions functionality launched at University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC)
February – April 2017
- Populate Campus Solutions with University of Nottingham UK data on a read-only basis, updated monthly
- Release Programme Enrolment for University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
- Complete GL3 for University of Nottingham Ningbo China
- Implement light online module enrolment in Campus Solutions for 2017/18 for University of Nottingham UK returning students
- Admissions implementation for University of Nottingham UK (GL3) for all applicants (except UTT) and implement associated processes for those applicants, eg visa processing
July – August 2017
- Launch remaining elements of GL3 for University of Nottingham UK
- Implementation complete across all campuses
The proposed phasing is based on information currently available and assumes the system will be ready in October 2016. It offers the benefits of a single campus implementation first, from which lessons can be learned and stabilisation achieved. Colleagues are now working up detailed plans to enable delivery – these will be shared when ready.
For more information on the changes taking place over the next year, visit the Project Transform blog and Workspace.